The International Honor Society in Psychology
Advisors: Mrs. Neeru Deep & Dr. Patrice Moulton
Northwestern State University PSI CHI Chapter
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. The NSULA chapter of the International Honor Society in Psychology (Psi Chi) was established on January 8th, 1969.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
To achieve this mission, PSI CHI at NSULA conduct service-oriented, research, and development event throughout the year. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Orgsync.
· Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or addiction studies program (face-to-face or online)
· Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of the college course
· Have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
· Have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
· Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
· Be enrolled in a psychology graduate program
· Have completed at least one full semester of graduate coursework
· Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Dept of Psychology / Psi Chi
324 Bienvenu Hall
350 Sam Sibley Rd
Natchitoches, LA 71497-0003
Department Telephone: (318)357-6594
Mrs. Neeru Deep- email@example.com
Dr. Patrice Moulton- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tanya Karam-Zanders- email@example.com
Charter Number: 261
Date Chartered: 1/8/1969
The NSU Psychology Club is a social organization made up primarily by psychology majors and minors. The Club, however, welcomes NSU students from all disciplines who have an interest in the psychological field. There are no academic requirements, just an enthusiasm for the study of the mind! The NSU Psych Club is an organization geared toward four ideals: charity, leadership, research and fun. Our objective is to be active not only in the classroom but on campus and within the community. Our passion for the study of behavior and the mind goes beyond just a simple reading assignment, but more toward application and practice. The club also gives students an opportunity to share research ideas, meet new friends, and participate in psychology events on campus. We welcome any students who are interested in research, goodwill, and, as always, having a good time.
Mrs. Shannon Hale
Rm. 307 Bienvenu Hall
You may contact Mrs Hale directly to join the Psychology Club or
Please see orgsync for dates and details.