The International Honor Society in Psychology
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. The NSULA chapter of the International Honor Society in Psychology (Psi Chi) was established on January 8th, 1969.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
To achieve this mission, PSI CHI at NSULA conduct service-oriented, research, and development event throughout the year. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Orgsync.
- Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or addiction studies program (face-to-face or online)
- Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of the college course
- Have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- Have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
- Be enrolled in a psychology graduate program
- Have completed at least one full semester of graduate coursework
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
PSI CHI application
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Dept of Psychology / Psi Chi
324 Bienvenu Hall
350 Sam Sibley Rd
Natchitoches, LA 71497-0003
Department Telephone: (318)357-6594
Mrs. Neeru Deep- email@example.com
Dr. Patrice Moulton- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tanya Karam-Zanders- email@example.com
Charter Number: 261
Date Chartered: 1/8/1969